Saturday, March 17, 2007

Welcome to the videocamper blog.

The purpose of this blog is to generate camping relevant information in order to promote tent camping, backpacking and other outdoor/wilderness enjoyment activities. It is my intent to have this blog work in conjunction with my two camping related websites:

http://www.blueskykitchen.com/ - where you can find answers to camp kitchen and chuck box concerns and additional general tent camping information.
http://www.camping-tips.com/ - the place for tent camping ideas, tips and tricks.

and my video newsletter:

www.camping-tips.com/newsletter.html - demonstrations of camping techniques and outdoor video.

Basically, I envision content changes on those websites and in the newsletter that would reflect the interest and needs of those of us who tent camp. For example, if folks were looking for a good solution to some particular problem when camping, then the experienced among us could share our ideas on the subject and I would develop a web page to address that particular issue or cover it in the newsletter.

Such issues could also be addressed through posts of other websites they may have already adequately covered the information in question.

That way when the subject comes up again we simple refer people to the appropriate web page instead of having to go through the whole discussion all over again. ( In my opinion, the down side of blogging is the redundancy of topics.)

Please keep your posts relevant to tent camping, backpacking and activities commonly associated with same. Feel free to include your URL in your signature but do not mention your products or services unless they are relevant and specific to the given thread you are posting to. In other words, let's keep it camping relevant! However, feel free to tell us about the bear that raided your last camp or the pack rat that stole your wedding ring or 'the one that got away'. Camping stories are more than welcome!

Hopefully, we will attract some of the scouting communities so lets keep the language and discussion appropriate to all ages and groups.

Thanks for participating!

Ken Ralston
http://www.blueskykitchen.com/
http://www.camping-tips.com/

so many ideas....so little time

6 comments:

  1. Good start with the blog, Ken! I enjoyed the YouTube videos, although I agree with you that there's room for improvement on the production end! One thing I'd like to see is a change of font. Actually, I don't know if it was the font or the color, but it was difficult to read.

    Thanks and looking forward to more in the future.

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ken, I just wanted to thank you for all the great tips! They've been instrumental in keeping my family happy and well fed while camping. Keep up the great work.

    -Merriwether

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Ken, you got your wish. You have pulled in some scouts. I am a girl scout and boy scout leader. I have enjoyed your tips! They have been instrumental in helping me be better prepared to take my scout camping.

    Thanks !! Keep up the great work. I will be sharing with my other leaders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim, Merriwether, and Andrea for your kind comments.

    Merriwether, I took a quick look at your blog....there is some good reading an photos there. ( I'll be back! )

    Anyway, thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken,I think your viedos and blogs are great,keep up the good work.I like the new improvments to the grubb 2,with the 6ft top.The canping tips are also great.You are making a great name for your self on the web .Thanks looking for more in the Future. Tibor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog and videos ! you got me excited to go Camping!

    ReplyDelete

Uncle!

For the younger among us ‘uncle’, means ‘I give up’.  In January I decided to pull the plug on the manufacturing side of my business. Joe Bi...